Avoid top reasons why website visitors do not turn into instant customers
• Have a short attention span
• Get lost easily without a single clear direction
• Get distracted, even when given good directions
• Crave a “human element” in their online experience
• Want to read about themselves and their problems, rather than yours
• Don’t want to feel bullied into making a decision
• Want to develop their relationship with you at their own speed
• Need to know they can trust you
• See even small errors on your website as unprofessional
• Need to see a compelling reason to choose you vs. your competitor.
• Need consistency
When these issues are addressed with your website visitors, conversion rate almost always skyrockets.
A big part of adding a “human element” to a visitor’s online experience is simply ditching the corporate talk. Be natural. This is sometimes the most difficult part to overcome for website owners and website contributors. Naturally, they want to sound impressive, however being understood is more important to your bottom line than trying to impress and failing.
Website Visitors want to be spoken to in their own language; in a way that’s comfortable for them and easily understood. Don’t make them think, engage, inspire and empower them instead.
Just think what happens when someone approaches you in real life and immediately begins to boast and exaggerate or use unnatural language. Bad news re: “converting” that person into a trusted new friend or client becomes nearly impossible later.